Caring for your Quartz
Quartz countertops are a very strong and man-made material. The are very durable and come in a large variety of colours and patterns. Quartz countertops do not require a sealer to be replaced every couple of years so just your basic maintenance of cleaning and wiping is required. Following the proper do’s and dont’s of Quartz countertops will help keep them looking bright and beautiful for years to come.
- Use only mild dishsoap and water to clean your countertops and a soft cloth to dry them to leave them looking nice and shiny.
- Do not use any harsh or abrasive materials on your countertops as it can do possible damage to your tops. Substances just as vinegars, bleaches, ammonia or acidic cleaners should never be used on your tops.
- Spills such as coffee, juice, red wine, makeup, should be wiped up immediately as this will help in preventing stains.
- Do not put hot pans directly on countertops as this will cause damage to the tops. Quartz is heat resistant, however, an extremely hot pot may cause cracks or burns on your surface. Always use hot pads for hot things.
- Do not cut on your Quartz top as it will scratch the surface.
- Do enjoy your quartz tops as they are extremely durable and are of low maintenance to keep them beautiful for years to come.